Spinach And Mushroom Stuffed Pasta Shells-ciFrom keni 8 years ago
- 1 box large pasta shells(or other stuffable pasta, if you prefer), cooked to package directions(actually, I recommend cooking WHILE preparing stuffing, so they stay warm) shopping list
- 1lb fresh spinach, torn shopping list
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup seasoned croutons or stuffing mix(bread only, not the boxed kind with the seasoning packet) shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- about 1/2 cup chicken or veggie stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated shopping list
- 2T fresh oregano and or basil, chopped(optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Fresh marinara(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add spinach and cook about 3 minutes until begins to cook down.
- Add stock and breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until bread has soaked up liquid.
- Add salt, pepper and herbs and cook until warm and stuffing is thick and soft.
- Stuff shells with stuffing mix and immediately top with Parmesan cheese*.
- Serve alone or with your favorite marinara.
- *these can be baked or broiled(VERY briefly) after stuffing if you want the cheese crisp or melted, but be very careful because they will dry out quickly. I don't do this...I just let the cheese be unmelted ;)