Lemon Coconut CakeFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- .................................................. shopping list
- lemon Filling ( recipes on my page) shopping list
- cream cheese frosting ( recipe on my page) shopping list
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 2. Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Beat egg whites at high speed with electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold one-third of egg whites into batter. Gently fold in remaining beaten egg whites just until blended. Spoon batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 5. Spread Lemon Filling between layers. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle top and sides with coconut. Garnish, if desired.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating9 people
Sounds good to me.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
I love coconut cakes...Thanks Peeta for sharing.5 forks for you,dear.ambus in Lahore loved it
Easy and delicious. Thank you!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!