No Fail Chocolate SoufflesFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate (the BEST quality you can get please, like Scharffen Berger, Guittard or Valrhona) shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- 6 large egg whites shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Butter six individual soufflé cups (ramekins).
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over simmering water. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until they form soft peaks. Still beating, gradually add the sugar until it is combined and the peaks are stiff.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture until smooth. Whisk in the flour. Then fold in the whipped egg whites. Divide the mixture among the prepared soufflé cups. Place the cups on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges are set. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: The batter may be refrigerated in the ramekins for up to 24 hours. Allow extra time to bring it to room temperature before baking.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating6 people
mmm..sounds so good!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Luisa I love the way these are made as individual servings. The presentation with the star fruit and berries makes it a decadent yet light treat for the eye and palate.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
P.S. Another beauty flag for you Luisatrigger in loved it