Candied AlmondsFrom jmatthews00 5 years ago
How to make it
- Gather the ingredients.
- Spread the almonds out on a shallow pan and place in a cold oven.
- Turn the oven to 350ºF and roast for 12-20 minutes, keeping an eye on them to make sure they do not burn. Stir occasionally until well roasted.
- Boil the honey and butter together in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the almonds to the pot. Simmer and stir for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon and transfer the almonds onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the almonds in a single layer to cool slightly.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and toss the almonds in it.
- Place sugar coated almonds back onto baking sheet and put back in oven under the broiler for a few seconds, watch carefully, just until sugar melts and caramelizes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the almonds into a container for consumption.
- *Try using pecans instead of almonds
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookjmatthews00 Central, NY
The Rating6 people
we're all about nuts over here! Yumjett2whit in Union City loved it
Consider this one done! ;) I might do mixed nuts, cus pecans are a favorite, here, but I'm gonna follow your recipe, exactly...watch for a pic, and thanks for the addition!keni in Sweet Home loved it
Here's a shocker...I made these, today! ;) Followed the recipe, exactly, other than using BOTH almonds and pecans. They are so yummy and I highly recommend them, especially for holiday goody trays! :)keni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!