Bolognese Stuffed PeppersFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1/8 cup minced carrots shopping list
- 1/8 cup celery shopping list
- 6 bell peppers (any color) stems and seeds removed, cut in half lengthwise shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 pound pancetta or lightly smoked bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender and fluffy; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir carrots and celery until tender. Add ground beef and pancetta, and cook until browned and crumbled; drain off any excess liquid, and return to heat. Add marinara sauce, wine, and red pepper flakes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream, half of the Parmesan cheese, and rice. Simmer 5 minutes more, or until most liquid has absorbed.
- Place peppers in a shallow baking dish, and fill with beef mixture. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve hot.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating8 people
This sounds delicious! I love cooking with pancetta and this is a wonderful way to utilize it. Thanks so much! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Yummy! I Love stuffed bell Peppers. Your the bomb! Thanks ;) Kimkimberry in Mesa loved it
oooo, I love stuffed bell peppers too. Nice ingredients in this one especially... thanks mama!luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!