Slow-cooker Chicken and DumplingsFrom rapunzel 6 years ago
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons smart Balance Spread shopping list
- 21 1/2 ounces cream of chicken soup Healthy Request shopping list
- 1 onion -- finely diced shopping list
- 14 1/2 ounces canned mixed vegetables shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth light & Fat Free shopping list
- 16 1/3 ounces Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuit -- torn into pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken breasts with your choice of spices; I used salt, pepper and a bit of celery seed. Place the chicken, butter, soup, mixed vegetables and onion in a slow cooker, cover with chicken broth.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken and place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 1/2 hours.
The Cookrapunzel Private, FL
The Rating5 people
NOW THIS IS A GREAT RECIPE FOR THOSE COLD NIGHTS IN TEXAS (LOL) LOVE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS! THNAKStxbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
This is this type of comfort food I would love to come home to on a cool rainy day.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Good for my Canadian winters!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!