Sour Cream CakeFrom jill1972 7 years ago
How to make it
- Sift flour and measure
- Resift twice with baking soda and set aside
- Cream butter
- Add sugar slowly, beating constantly to cream well until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Add sour cream
- Add flour, ½ cup at a time, beating well and constantly
- Add vanilla or lemon extract
- Turn into well greased and floured 10 inch tube pan
- Bake in moderate oven at 325 degrees about 1 ½ hours or until cake is done (it will spring back when touched lightly with finger)
- When cake is done, remove from oven and place on rack to cool 5 minutes
- Loosen cake around edge of pan with dull side of knife. This protects the crust
- Turn cake onto rack to cool completely
- Serve plain or with fruit (good with strawberries)
- This cake can be frozen, either whole or cut (wrap in several thicknesses of clear plastic or aluminum foil)
- **A good substitute for sour cream is 1 cup evaporated milk plus juice of 1 lemon, mixed together.
- **Crisco is best for greasing pan.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookjill1972 Sturgeon, MO
The Rating6 people
Thank you for your kind welcome to the group and this recipe looks delicious! Thanks again.
Lorlor in Toronto loved it
My thighs thank you..I think?greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!