Chocolate Chunk Shortcake and StrawberriesFrom lura 6 years ago
- chocolate Chunk Biscuits: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 Tbl granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 bars (1.5 oz ea) Godiva dark chocolate, finely chopped (2/3 - 1 cup chips can be used) shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups plus 1 Tbl heavy cream, divided shopping list
- ______________________ shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened alkalized cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbl instant expresso powder shopping list
- 1 Tbl vanilla extract shopping list
- _______________________ shopping list
- Assembly: shopping list
- 1 quart ripe strawberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind shopping list
How to make it
- Make the biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt and chopped chocolate in mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add 1 1/2 cups heavy cream. Mix mixture just until it starts to stick together, using a fork.
- Add more cream, if needed, to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough on lightly floured surface. Knead lightly until mixture holds together.
- Pat dough into 1 1/4 -inch thickness.
- using a floured 3-inch cutter, cut out 6 rounds.
- Place shortcakes on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with 1 tablespoon heavy cream and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Make the filling:
- Combine heavy cream, cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar, espresso powder and vanilla.
- Beat until soft peaks form, using electric mixer at high speed.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Assemble the shortcakes:
- Wash, dry and hull berries.
- Cut berries in half and place in bowl.
- Toss lightly with sugar and orange rind.
- Split shortcakes in half.
- Place bottom halves on 6 dessert plates.
- Divide strawberries evenly over the shortcake bottoms.
- Top each with dollop of cream filling.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder, if desired.
- Top with shortcake tops.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooklura Welcome To, KS
The Rating7 people
All right! When? Ahaaaaa...Yummmmm! Heaven, Slobber! what more needs to be said?mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Oh Lura sweetie - this looks and sounds simply divine. I love strawberry shortcake, but this chocolate chunk variety lifts this beauty to the heavens. And the cocoa and espresso powder in that freshly whipped cream....well....*swoon*. This may ver...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Yummy, Yumm Yumm!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!