Roasted Vegetables Thai StyleFrom lasaf 5 years ago
- Vegetables: shopping list
- 1/4 cup peanut or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium to large potato or turnip, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 medium to large eggplant, diced shopping list
- 1 red pepper, cored stemmed and cut into strips shopping list
- 1 cup peas (frozen are fine) shopping list
- 1/2 pound greenbeans, trimmed shopping list
- 4 peeled shallots, or 1 onion quartered shopping list
- 8-12 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, cut into eighths shopping list
- Thai curry sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup green, yellow, or red curry paste, or to taste, or 1 Tbsp.chile paste, or to taste, or cayenne to taste shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- Chopped fresh cilantro, mint and or thai basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- To roast vegetables: Heat oven to 450F. Place a deep ovenproof skillet or casserole over medium heat. Add all but 1 tablespoon oil. Heat for 1 minute. Add all vegetables, except tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Roast in oven, stirring once or twice, for 30 minutes. Add tomatoes. Stir. Roast for 15-30 minutes more. Or until vegetables are beginning to brown.
- To make sauce: Meanwhile stir remaining oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add curry paste. Stir. Whisk in coconut milk, peanut butter, and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer. Keep warm.
- To serve: Stir sauce into roasted vegetables. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more soy sauce or curry paste, if neccesary. Garnish with herbs. Serve hot or warm.