Crispy Fried EggplantFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt plus additional for sprinkling eggplant shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 small eggplant cut crosswise into 1/4" thick slices shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep-frying shopping list
- lemon wedges for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Put cornstarch, egg beaten with 1/2 teaspoon salt and bread crumbs in separate small dishes.
- Dredge each eggplant slice in cornstarch coating thoroughly and shaking off excess.
- Coat with egg mixture and dredge in bread crumbs pressing on crumbs to make them adhere.
- Transfer eggplant as it is coated to paper towels and let it dry slightly.
- In a deep heavy skillet fry eggplant slices in batches in 1/2" oil preheated to 375.
- Pre one minute on each side then transfer to paper towel and drain well.
- Sprinkle eggplant lightly with additional salt and serve with lemon wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Nice !! FIVE from this kid! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
great recipe high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh, this would be sooooooo good!danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!