Cherry Cheese PizzaFrom bobbijo 8 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. shortening shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp. water shopping list
- 1 pkg. (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or almonds shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries or 1 can (15-oz.) tart cherries shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. red food coloring shopping list
- whipped cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder; cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out into a 14-in. circle.
- Place on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan.
- Flute edges to form a rim; prick bottom of crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread over crust.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice.
- Set cherries and juice aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in reserved juice until smooth.
- Add cherries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter, extract and food coloring.
- Cool to room temp.; spread over cream cheese layer.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- ****At times I substitute cherry pie filling for the cherries, then add the butter and almond extract to this while it is heating.
The Cookbobbijo Wayland, IA
The Rating2 people
This looks delicious to me. I'm not too big on desserts but love pizza so I had to give it a look! :) Its really different and I like that. Thank you! I'm going to bookmark it for the next time I need a dessert for a special occasion.frankieanne in Somewhere loved it
I finally had a reason to make this - Thanksgiving! I don't like the usual pumpkin pie, so I made this. It was delicious! I didn't used canned pie filling but followed your recipe. My sister said "only a sliver" but then went back for a whole piece...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!