Indian Potato Flat Bread----- Easy Alu ParothaFrom cherryflower70 8 years ago
- Refined flour- 1 ½ cup shopping list
- potato – 2 medium sized boiled potato. shopping list
- vegetable oil – 1 tbs shopping list
- sugar – ¼ tsp sugar shopping list
- baking powder – 1 tsp shopping list
- salt – a pinch shopping list
- cumin powder shopping list
- water – to knead the dough shopping list
- ghee or butter ( You can use veg oil )- 4 tsp shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash properly without leaving any lump.
- Add vegetable oil, salt, baking powder, cumin powder, sugar to the flour and mix it well.
- Add the mashed potato to the flour mixture and knead in to a soft dough adding water in to it.
- Make small balls from it and press it as patties.
- Roll one ball at a time with rolling pin in to a thick small circle
- Heat non stick fry pan ( or Indian tawa). When its hot add ½ tsp of Ghee, butter or oil what ever u choose.
- Place one rolled circle in the pan and rotate to smear it with the oil.
- Turn it over to the other side add ½ tsp of oil and when it turn brown its ready to serve.
- Care should be taken so that the skillet is not too hot else it will burn the parotha( bread)
- Serve it with chutney like tomato sweet chutney or so. Even it goes well with any curry!!
- Yum yum!!!
The Cookcherryflower70 Dibrugarh, IN
The Rating10 people
I love flat bread, and will certainly make this! Thank you, Cherry, and FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
High5 flat bread love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love Aloo Parata .... thx for the recipe !cholena in Food World loved it