CaramelsFrom fizzle3nat 4 years ago
- 2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 2 c. whipping (heavy) cream shopping list
- 3/4 c. light corn syrup shopping list
- additional butter, for pan shopping list
- -------------------- shopping list
- Flavor Options: shopping list
- (You can use one, all, or none) shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 or 9 x 9 x 2 inches, with additional butter. Spread pecans in pan, if using.
- Heat 1/2 cup butter, sugar, cream, and corn syrup to boiling in 3-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring frequently, to 245 degrees F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a firm ball that holds its shape until pressed.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, if using, stirring rapidly to incorprate. Immediatly pour into pan (over pecans, if using); cool.
- If desired, sprinkle tops of caramels with small amount of sea salt - you would not believe how delicious this is.
- Cut into 1-inch squares. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or waxed paper.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating7 people
Oh Natalie, Thank you for finding my recipe for caramels for me. That is the same exact recipe that my Grandma made. And when I moved in January (even if it was just next door)I lost the recipe. Thank you so very much for sharing. I would have called...morecherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Nat...If I make these, do I have to share them??? LOL
This sounds soooooooo good and easy too!! I'm totally going to make these - caramels are coveted around here...
Offering up 5 of my good silver forks for this one! :)madmommy in Wayne loved it
I have never made caramels before; I am saving this recipe to try! You have my 5!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!