Key Lime Rum CakeFrom lmadsen 6 years ago
- key lime rum cake shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- For the Cake: shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 Tbsp rum shopping list
- 1 Tbsp grated key lime zest shopping list
- 2 tsp key lime juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- For the Glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons rum shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Mix together the flour and baking powder. In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in 2 tablespoons rum, key lime zest, 2 teaspoons key lime juice, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- In the meantime, make the glaze by combining 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons key lime juice in a small saucepan. Let it boil for a minute or two, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons rum.
- Allow the cake to cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn it out onto wire rack. While warm, prick the top of cake in many places with a toothpick. Pour the glaze over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving.
The Cooklmadsen Bountiful, UT
- Not added to any groups yet!