Roast Turkey Legs With Elaines Dry Rub Potato PlanksFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place the turkey legs in a medium sized roasting pan or disposable roaster
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place the four slices of bacon over the legs
- Roast at low oven, 325*F for about 1/2 hour, then:
- Put the dry rub into a plastic bag
- Add ridge-cut potato planks, bit by bit, and shake to coat evenly
- Place the potatoes around the turkey on one side;
- Place the shallots around the turkey on the opposite side
- Increase oven heat to 350*F, and continue roasting an additional 30 minutes, basting periodically.
- Roast until done and browned, increasing oven time if needed, depending on the size of the turkey legs.
- Serve garnished with fresh greens and nasturtium bloom -- (edible blossom)
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating16 people
Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful.................marky90 in Dearborn loved it
This sounds great!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Love the step by steps and the seasoning.
Flagged as beautiful
high Fivetrigger in loved it