Easy Crockpot Cornbread DressingFrom chefbaudri 7 years ago
- 4 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 8 ounces ground pork sausage shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) seasoned cornbread dressing crumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 egg slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup diced apples shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a slow cooker or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In skillet, melt butter and add sausage, cooking and breaking up until sausage is lightly browned. Add onion and celery and continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Add parsley, poultry seasoning and sage.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage and vegatable mixture with the cornbread dressing crumbs.
- Stir until blended; add chicken broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and blend well.
- Blend in the lightly beaten egg, cranberries and apples.
- Spoon into prepared slow cooker, do not pack down.
- Cover and cook on high for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to Low and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours longer.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefbaudri Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating6 people
Sounds great! I have never made stuffing in crock pot before so I will have to try this recipe. Thanks and have a blessed day! Pattim2googee in Tomball loved it
great stuffing thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
SOUNDS AWESOME.......DEFINITE "5".......ROCK ON.lycett in CANYON COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!