SOUR CREAM SHREDDED CHICKEN ENCHILADASFrom dinky100 5 years ago
- 1 lb chicken breast-- shredded shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or Mexican blend cheese, divided -- I actually use about 3 cups as I love cheese! shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies shopping list
- add jalepenos to taste (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done. (Chicken can also be cooked in a crock pot while your at work)
- Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. I also add 3 tablespoons of chicken broth to the bottom of the dish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400° for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly. Be generous with the cheese!!
The Cookdinky100 Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating6 people
Sounds really good and what I was looking for fer dinner tonight!!! Great post! Thanks :) :) :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
Oh boy , this is absolutely delish.I have made this dish many times and it rocks!!!
Thanks for posting it here :0)chispirit in Chesapeake loved it
So tasty! These are a definite must-try. Great post! I love the flavors. - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!