Easy EGGS BENEDICT CASSEROLEFrom dinky100 6 years ago
- 6 English muffins shopping list
- 10-12 ounces Canadian bacon (2 packages, or use diced ham) shopping list
- 8 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk (or whole milk) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- easy hollandaise sauce- (I just use package) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut muffins into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Cut Canadian bacon into 1/2-inch squares. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs well in a 2-quart bowl. Whisk in milk and onion powder.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking oil spray. Scatter half the Canadian bacon evenly in bottom of dish. Scatter muffin cubes on top of Canadian bacon. Top with the remaining Canadian bacon, scattering it evenly over the bread. Pour egg mixture over the casserole. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours, to let bread absorb egg mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove casserole from refrigerator and uncover it. Lightly sprinkle the paprika evenly over the top. Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove dish from the oven, remove foil, return dish to the oven and continue to bake, uncovered, until the eggs are set and the bacon on top begins to crisp, about 20 minutes more. Remove the casserole from oven and let it stand 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, cut casserole into squares and place them on plates. Spoon about 2 tablespoons (or to taste) warm Hollandaise Sauce over each serving just before serving.
- Makes 10 servings.
- NOTE: Time does not reflect refrigeration time of at least 8 hours, nor standing time of 5 minutes
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookdinky100 Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating5 people
This sounds amazing! I love eggs benedict and I love casseroles!
Do you think this would work as an eggs florentine, with spinach instead of the canadian bacon?misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
TO DIE FOR! I adore Eggs Benedict - it is my all-time favorite breakfast. No wonder why you get rave reviews - how you you not? So good. A definite save and must-try. I'm printing now. Thanks for sharing! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!