Good Old Chicken With Rice SoupFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 8 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced shopping list
- salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine broth, onion, celery, carrots and garlic in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and thyme.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and heat through.
- Thin with more broth if necessary.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating5 people
making this today for my long time BF ... he loves chicken and rice soup ..... yay!supernoodle in Studio City loved it
I had been looking forward to fixing this all week. Comfort food was just what the Doctor ordered this week. Everyone loved it. This will become a staple for my menu. Thank you very much for sharing. :0)msylandrum in Burlington loved it
I bet This Is Going to be Good !kaylamichelle in Labrador City loved it