Good Old Chicken With Rice SoupFrom mrspotatohead 9 years ago
- 8 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced shopping list
- salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine broth, onion, celery, carrots and garlic in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and thyme.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and heat through.
- Thin with more broth if necessary.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 49
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating7 people
I make this with the thyme...It is wonderful.. A few years back we took grandkids tubing on the Frio River, we had rented a cabin.. This is what they wanted at night after we all got settled in, after all day in the heat and the cold water... this wa...morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it
Made this again last week... it is now become my comfort food... have a bad day... this is like getting a great big hug!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I bet This Is Going to be Good !kaylamichelle in Labrador City loved it