French Onion Soup For John DenverFrom puddlewonderful 5 years ago
- 2 oz butter or promise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 kg about s 1/4 pounds of onions,thinly sliced into rings....pick some sweet onions if possible. shopping list
- vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1/2 baguette or" just" croutons with garlic and cheese shopping list
- in big chunks shopping list
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar or gruyere cheeses shopping list
- chopped parsley to serve shopping list
- and a sliver of basil just enough for a tiny hint shopping list
- a spritz of fresh lime, as well... shopping list
- a pinch of garlic powder shopping list
- a pinch of black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter and oil in large saucepan then add the onion and cook,stiriing frequently over low heat for bout 45 minutes, or until softened and golden brown. Cook the onion thoroughly so that it carmelizes.
- add the vegetable stock, sherry and 1 cup water. Bring to boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season to taste using the above seasoning.
- Then slice the bread into slices or use ready made croutons...If not using croutons broil your bread using parmesean cheese...use four thick slices...
- This is the best step...put the bread slices or croutons into serving bowl and ladel in the hot soup, sprinkle with cheese and parsley and bon apetite...serve with a great glass of wine and a platter of cheeses that are placed on top of red leaf lettuce with some walnuts and pine nuts surrounding the edge of the platter dish... and
- take it easy while enjoying this yum soup. I think, by the fireplace is nice...it certainly will warm the soul.
The Cookpuddlewonderful Beverly Hills Adjacent, CA
The Rating6 people
How uplifting is this, miss puddle!
You paint a picture with your words and it is beautiful.
Thank you so much for the post! of course a 5 for the recipe and a 5 for the picture.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
how much sherry? the recipe just says "1/2 sherry." i'm assuming it is 1/2 cup?
anyway, this sounds really good! :)grumblebee in Calgary loved it
Love the presentation of this French onion soup what a lovely side salad.
Five forks from me.
trigger in loved it