Fairy or Sponge CandyFrom karechris27 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cook suga, corn syrup, vinegar together in a heavy candy pan covered until it comes to a boil
- Remove cover and cook to 290 degrees on a candy thermometer, then add vanilla, and cook to 300 degrees. DO not stir while boiling.
- Gradually reduce heat to as mixture thickens to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and Quickly stir in sifted soda. Pour into buttered large cookie sheet as it foms. Do not spread, it will spread itself.
- When cool break into small pieces. Dip into melted chocolate.
- Melt Chocolate (milk or semisweet) in double boiler with 1/2 cake of parafin wax.