Candied Yams in Slow CookerFrom dixiediner 6 years ago
How to make it
- Microwave butter in a microwave safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted; stir in vanilla and salt.
- Stir together granulated sugar and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Layer potatoes and sugar mixture in a lightly greased 6 qt. slow cooker; beginning with potatoes and ending with sugars mixture. Pour butter mixture over top.Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish using a slotted spoon, reserving liquid in slow cooker. Keep potatoes warm.
- Remove 1/3 cup liquid from slow cooker; whisk cornstarch into 1/3 cup liquid until smooth. Carefully pouring remaining liquid from slow cooker into a medium saucepan. Whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating10 people
ow.......this reminds me of thanksgiving
do you put those littls marsh mallows in it?frodo in meadville loved it
Love, LOVE sweet potatoes... Loving this recipe!
Thanks for sharing this BEAUTIFUL, FIVE FORK RECIPE!
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Yeah, this is definitely for T.G. or Christmas. Good for the diet Dix. Love it.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it