Pasta Alle Vongole Spaghetti With ClamsFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- . shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 lb. spaghetti shopping list
- 1 lb vongole (clams) washed and cleaned shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 large red chilies, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 hot chilly (optional) crumbled shopping list
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- Bottle of white wine 1/2 - 1 cup for the pot the rest for the chef shopping list
- 1/2 cup + extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Place spaghetti in to cook (only as long as the directions say 7 minute spaghetti is a good option)
- In a hot pan add half the oil followed by the chilies and garlic cook till garlic is opaque. (Don't brown the garlic).
- Add the clams and 1/2 cupof white wine.
- Once the clams are opened toss in parsley.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add to the clams toss with the remaining oil add a pinch of salt and serve.
- Serve with the remaining wine.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating11 people
This spaghetti dish looks wonderful. I'll certainly be trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing itbrianna in loved it
I love the kick in this one.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
We're not that fond of clams, but there is no reason this recipe should have been rated so damned low. :(
Pete and Candydagnabbit in Barrie loved it