Pumpkin Sausage SoupFrom lindabtx 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb breakfast sausage (I use turkey sausage) shopping list
- 1/2 c minced onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 c mushrooms, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs italian seasoning shopping list
- 15 oz canned pumpkin shopping list
- 4 c chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 c water AND 1/2 c half and half shopping list
- OR 1 c milk shopping list
How to make it
- Brown sausage, drain, and then add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and Italian seasonings.
- When the onions and mushrooms have begun to soften, stir in the pumpkin. Stir in the broth and mix well. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in the half and half and water (OR the milk) and simmer on low another 10-15 min. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- NOTE: Use either the half and half/water mixture OR just milk - not both