AROMATIC SWEET POTATO TAGINEFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 3 - tablespoon( 45 ml) olive oil shopping list
- a small amt butter shopping list
- 25 to 30 pearl or button onions blanched and peeled shopping list
- 2 - pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks shopping list
- generous 1/2 - cup (150 gms) ready to eat prunes pitted... shopping list
- 2-3 carrots, cut into bite-size chunks shopping list
- 1 - teaspoon ( 5 ml) cinnamon shopping list
- 21/2 -teaspoon ( 2.5 ml) ground ginger shopping list
- 2- teaspoon(10 ml) clear honey shopping list
- 2- cups(450ml) ...vegetable stock shopping list
- small bunch fresh mint, finely chopped shopping list
- small bunch coriander shopping list
- small bunch cilantro fresh finely chopped shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 c)
- heat the olive oil in a flameproof casserole with the butter and stir in the peeled onions.
- cook the onions over medium heat for about 5 minutes until they are tender;
- then remove 1/2 of the onions from the pan and set aside.........
- add the sweet potatoes and carrots to the pan and cook until vegetables are lightly browned.
- stir in the prunes with the cinnamon, ginger, and honey, then pour in the stock...
- bring it to a boil, season it well.
- cover the casserole and transfer to the oven for 45 minutes........
- stir in the reserved onions and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- gently stir in the fresh coriander and mint and cilantro.........
- serve the tagine immediately..................enjoy this tasty dish........
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating6 people
I love Tagines!!! Thank you for adding this wonderful recipe fairy princess!! :) 5* all the way!gourmetana in London loved it
Oh yeah!.... :)turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Very Nice!!!!!!!!!jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!