KolachesFrom chefjeb 8 years ago
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in water with a couple of tablespooons of sugar. Let proof until bubbly.
- While yeast is proofing, move to next step.
- Heat milk with sugar until dissolved
- Add butter, shortening,sugar, salt, eggs,
- Add mixture to yeast, but make sure temperature is less than 110.
- Gradually add flour, working dough gently until it doesn't stick to your hands when touched. The dough will be very soft and elastic. .
- Place in greased bowl and cover.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Punch down and divide into four equal pieces, then divide each piece into 12 portions.
- Form each portion into ball and place on greased baking sheet about 3 inches apart
- Let rise until doubled
- Using thumb or finger, press center and form a deep indention, forming a small rim.
- Fill with filling (see note)
- Bake at 350 until lightly browned.
- Brush with melted butter
- Remove to wire rack to cool. Be careful jelly will burn you if it dribbles.
- Note: You can fill with Jam, Marmalade, Cooked sausage makes a breakfast treat. Or, make a fruit filling or use a canned pie filling. Hot pepper jelly is interesting. There are no rules. Let your imagination run wild.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating7 people
LOL. These are good. And the recipe isn't as comlicated as it looks. Enjoy!ramlynrose in Pearl loved it
This is indeed a taste treat. My mother used to make these. My favorite is apricot filling and my parents was prune. They knew better than to touch one of my apricot filled ones. Those I would fight over LOL Thanks for the trip down memory lane an...moremodmom50 in Lawrence loved it
These are good.chefkimmie in Jackson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!