Double - Triple Carrot CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup long-cooking oats shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup applesauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup crushed pineapple with juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups shredded carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 10" pans.
- Whisk together flours, oats, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine flax seed and water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add egg and sugars and beat until creamy.
- Beat in buttermilk, oil, applesauce, pineapple, strawberries, ginger and vanilla.
- Gently but thoroughly beat in flour mixture.
- Fold in carrots and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until tests done.
- Allow to cool 1 hour minimum before turning out of pans and cooling completely.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
oh man! Great one...I love all of the ingredients in this one.jett2whit in Union City loved it
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth447 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members