Spiffy Popcorn BrittleFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- . shopping list
- 14 cups freshly popped popcorn (made from 1/2 cup popcorn kernels and 2 tablespoons canola oil) shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus additional for greasing shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly butter 2 large (15 x 11-inch)
- baking sheets and a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Working in batches, place 2 cups popcorn in food processor.
- Pulse until crushed into small pieces.
- Do not overprocess.
- Repeat with remaining popcorn.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is simmering.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the inside of the pan and continue heating undisturbed until temperature reaches 270F (about 10 to 15 minutes). Mixture will boil vigorously.
- Stir in butter, molasses and vanilla.
- Continue heating until temperature reaches 290F (between soft- and hard-crack stages).
- Remove pan from heat; stir in crushed popcorn.
- Working quickly, pour mixture over prepared sheets.
- Using the buttered rubber spatula, press evenly to flatten like peanut brittle.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and break into chunks. Makes 1 pound. Serves 16.
- Nutritional Information
- Per (1-ounce) serving: 160 calories, 1g fat, 0mg chol., 1g prot., 41g carbs., 1g fiber, 160mg sodium.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating19 people
another quick great recipe thanks J>M>momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I suppose if I am making 14 cups worth I can share some of this fantastic Spiffy Popcorn Brittle with a friend
trigger in loved it
55555 added to FFF :)
lanacountry in Macon loved it