African Dish -sweet Potato - Onion And Thyme -pancakesFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 3- eggs , slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2- cup milk shopping list
- 2- tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 12 - ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsley grated shopping list
- 2- onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2-teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- sunflower or peanut oil for frying shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the eggs, milk and olive oil in a small bowl
- place the flour in a large bowl and slowly stir in the egg mixture until a smooth batter is formed..............
- add the sweet potatoes, onions, and thyme, season and mix well.....
- pour a little oil into the frying pan and heat until hot but not smoking...
- place a small ladle of the pancake mixture in the frying pan and press into shape, then repeat with more of the mixture until the base of the pan is full..
- fry for about 2 minutes on each side until the pancakes are golden brown
- remove and drain on a paper towel before serving ............enjoy
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating7 people
Love this............xomarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Hey tink, let's you and me go to Africa so we can have the fab dish! :)greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Woww!! Must try it soon.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it