Stuffed Red Peppers For SukkahFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 3 large red bell peppers shopping list
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1⁄4 lb. shredded cheese, such as fontina or Monterey Jack shopping list
- 4 oz. breadcrumbs or matzah meal shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 4 small zucchini, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove their seeds and cores.
- In a large bowl, combine 1⁄4 cup olive oil, garlic, cheese, 2 oz. breadcrumbs, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, then add the zucchini, tossing well to coat the zucchini.
- Stuff the peppers generously with the zucchini mixture.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish and place the stuffed peppers in it.
- Sprinkle the remaining olive oil, breadcrumbs and chopped Italian parsley over the peppers.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven about 45 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the surface of the stuffing is nicely browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating12 people
wow fantastic gotta love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Lovin' this recipe, JM. My entire family will.
A definite Five Fork dish! (pretty picture too)
Thanks for a great, healthy post. :D
Deb!pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
High "5" Joymarie for an excellent recipe. I am always looking for different ideas to surprise my friends with. This is perfect!lor in Toronto loved it