Low Fat Southwestern-style LasagnaFrom markeverett 6 years ago
- 1 tsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, diced shopping list
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa (spiciness is up to you) shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can reduced-sodium black beans, drained shopping list
- 1 10-ounce pack frozen sweetcorn shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 8 ounces cooked lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1 16-ounce tub fat-free ricotta cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add onions and carrots; cook until onions are translucent. Crumble in ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain excess fat. Add salsa, black beans, corn, chili powder and cumin, stirring well.
- Spread one-third of beef mixture in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Layer half the noodles on top; spoon half the ricotta cheese over the noodles. Add another third of the meat mixture, followed by remaining noodles and ricotta cheese. Spread rest of beef on top and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Serves 10
- Per Serving: Calories 364, Calories from Fat 46, Fat 5.3g (sat 2.3g), Cholesterol 62mg, Sodium 706mg, Carbohydrate 54g, Fiber 6.6g, Protein 25.4g
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmarkeverett Riverside, CA
The Rating9 people
Five and another group add..you are a GOOD
chef me' friend!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Low-fat lasagna? You have my undivided attention! Great!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Oh I love the way this sounds! My husband and I try to stick to low-fat so this is perfect! I also like your idea of serving this with warm tortillas! Great idea. Thank you for posting.
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it