Apple JerkyFrom lilliancooks 8 years ago
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Put shredded apples and cereal in a food processor in batches and process for about a minute. Its okay to have small chunks of apples.
- Then mix together with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Line a large round pizza pan (16" diameter) with parchment paper.
- Spread a very thin layer of this mixture on the pan. Press down with fingers and palm to get a very compressed, thin layer covering the entire pan( about 1/4" thick)
- Bake on center rack for about 60 - 90 minutes or til very dry, but do not burn. Remove from oven and let cool. When cool enough to handle, rip into smaller pieces. If some pieces are still too moist, place back in oven til it becomes dryer.
- Place on a serving dish, but do not cover for at least 3 hours or it will become moist again.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooklilliancooks Long Island, NY
The Rating8 people
what a tasty treat!jett2whit in Union City loved it
This recipe is 'creative' and I imagine
it is 'crowd-pleasing' as well ~ (^_^) ~
Thank-you for sharing "5"FORK!!!!! ~
~*~ mj ~*~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
That sounds great lillian!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Low Fat And Fabulous112 members
Photo Help Needed20 members
The Refugees473 members
Recipes By You106 members
Just To Chat35 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES249 members
To All Members43 members
Fabulous LoFat Foods77 members
The Food Trade11 members