Bacon-wrapped Shrimp With Bearnaise SauceFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon OR 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tarragon or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, with the tail segment left on shopping list
- 8 strips smoked bacon, cut crosswise in half shopping list
- 16 wooden toothpicks, soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained shopping list
How to make it
- For the Béarnaise sauce:
- Combine the mayonnaise, shallots, tarragon, vinegar and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature to blend the flavors, at least 1 hour.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each shrimp, securing the bacon with a toothpick.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Brush grill rack lightly with oil.
- Grill, covered, turning once, until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp is firm, about 8 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and serve immediately with the sauce.
- Makes 16 appetizers.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating16 people
Yumola my chef friend. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh my....definately a high 5 to you!upstatevoyager in Scotia loved it
Hey Elaine...made this today as a lightish lunch, rather than an appetizer, and served it with just a richly dressed green salad. Very good! I didn't need the toothpicks, and I used the red wine rather than the tarragon vinegar. Very nice and easy. T...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!