Zippy Broccoli BakeFrom m11andrade 8 years ago
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets, thawed shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, or regular bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange broccoli in an even layer in an 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan, combine milk, flour, salt, and pepper over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheddar and cream cheese and stir until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, onion, and water chestnuts. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over broccoli.
- Place panko in a small bowl. Drizzle with butter, and toss. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over cheese mixture. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until mixture bubbly and breadcrumbs are brown.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookm11andrade Kankakee, IL
The Rating7 people
This does sound delicious, saving for sure...thanks!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Great recipe, thanks for sharing it.juels in Clayton loved it
awsome recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it