Leftover Taco OmeletsFrom krumkake 4 years ago
- For one omelet shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- ¼ cup half-and-half shopping list
- a dash of cumin shopping list
- For omelet filling shopping list
- leftover taco meat, reheated (I just microwave it until warm) shopping list
- leftover Mexican grated cheese shopping list
- leftover sliced black olives shopping list
- leftover diced onions (if you prefer your onions cooked, just throw them in the pan when you put in the eggs) shopping list
- leftover jalapeno slices, diced finely shopping list
- what other leftovers have your got that might go well with this??? shopping list
- For top of omelet shopping list
- leftover salsa shopping list
- leftover guacamole shopping list
- leftover sour cream shopping list
- any other toppings you might have laying around shopping list
- butter for medium frying pan shopping list
How to make it
- Whip together eggs, half-and-half and cumin.
- Melt butter in hot skillet and immediately pour beaten egg mixture into pan.
- As the egg cooks, gently lift it up around the edges and let the uncooked egg run underneath the cooked egg.
- When the egg is cooked enough to be firm enough to flip, use a large spatula and flip the whole mixture in one quick motion (you need to be QUICK or the egg will tear and fall apart, leaving you with scrambled eggs instead of an omelet!).
- As soon as it is flipped, turn off the heat under the pan (the residual heat will cook any uncooked egg that was left on top when you flipped the omelet) and begin to layer your omelet fillings, adding the re-heated meat first, then whatever taco leftovers you want to use.
- Fold the omelet in half, covering the filling ingredients.
- Slide the omelet out onto a plate.
- Top omelet with whatever topping ingredients you want.
- WAKE UP as you devour that spicy omelet!
- PS – A Bloody Mary goes really, really nicely with this breakfast…and if you’re lucky enough to have any leftover tomatilla corn cakes…and maybe a cinnamon roll to counteract the spice?!?