Shrimp with Cabbage Scallionsgreen Onion and BaconFrom betty_boop 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 pound double-smoked bacon, defatted and cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips shopping list
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage shopping list
- 12 scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch-long pieces shopping list
- 32 large shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 12 basil leaves (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a deep, wide skillet over a high flame. Add the bacon and saute 3 minutes, or until lightly browned all over.
- Add the cabbage and cook another 5 minutes, stirring once in a while (do not stir too often or the cabbage won't have a chance to stick and brown in spots; this caramelization is key to good flavor).
- Stir in the scallions and shrimp, and saute another minute, or just until the scallions soften and the shrimp turns mostly pink. Add the garlic and jalapeno, season with the salt and pepper, and saute 1 more minute, or until the shrimp are fully cooked; there should be no grey spots left, and the shrimp should be fully opaque rather than translucent.
- Stir in the basil, adjust the seasoning,(some times I use it some times I dont'..up to you) and serve hot. Serves 4
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookbetty_boop Sulphur, LA
The Rating4 people
Sounds wonderful...high FIVE!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
I KNOW SOME CABBAGE LOVERS WHO WILL DIE FOR THIS RECIPE! THANKStxbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
Wonderful, Wonderful..Missed ya ! Glad you are back............Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!