Sugar-free Whole Wheat Carrot CakeFrom suzey0918 8 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups splenda shopping list
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 20-oz can crushed pineapple (in its own juice) DO NOT DRAIN shopping list
- 2 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1 8-oz. low fat cream cheese (softened) shopping list
- 1/3 cup splenda shopping list
- 1 8-oz whipped topping (light, fat free, or sugar-free) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Mix in eggs, splenda, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in pineapple (with juice), carrots and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, mix raisins and 1 tablespoon of flour, then stir into batter (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake).
- Pour into prepared pan and even out.
- Bake approximately 40-45 minutes, or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Blend cream cheese and splenda; fold in whipped topping.
- Frost cake.
- NOTE: I use a hand grater to grate (not shred) the carrots. I tried doing it with a food processor but the carrots were very dry and made the first cake dry. With the hand grater, I get some carrot juice with the carrots and this helped make the second cake more moist..
The Cooksuzey0918 Painesville, OH
The Rating5 people
Mmmm...nice postlinspj in New Hartford loved it
I really gotta try this! I love carrot cakejett2whit in Union City loved it
Hi this was a good carrot cake for my first try with a sugar free cake. I accidentally rated this a 2 and it should be a 4. I will make this again.trisha6341 in Friendswood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!