Houlihans Baked Potato SoupFrom hungryjohn 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups diced onions shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-salt chicken base shopping list
- 1 cup instant potato flakes shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- green onions shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees until just tender. Cool, peel and cut into cubes.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onions and saute over low heat until golden, about 10 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring often, until flour is absorbed, about 4-5 minutes.
- In medium bowl combine water, chicken base, basil and Tabasco. Mix until smooth and add to onions, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium and cook until soup begins to simmer.
- Add cream and milk, stirring until smooth and slightly thickened. Simmer for 15 minutes, being careful not to boil.
- Add potatoes and stir to heat and combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve topped with cheese and/or onions.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookhungryjohn Griffin, GA
The Rating13 people
Got it for FFF group John..^ ^ ^ ^ ^55555!
and thank you!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Thanks joe ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
really tops.puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!