Warm Caramel Apple CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 1/3 shopping list
- cups) shopping list
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice shopping list
- - shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 2/3 cup Betty Crocker Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz shopping list
- container) shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping shopping list
- caramel topping, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan, cook butter, whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted. Pour into 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans; top with sliced apples.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and apple pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Carefully spoon batter over apple
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan.
- Place heatproof serving platter upside down on pan; carefully turn
- platter and pan over. Let pan remain over cake about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over cake. Remove pan.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and whipped topping. Serve warm cake topped with frosting mixture and drizzled with caramel topping.
- Substitution: You can use cinnamon for the apple pie spice for a slightly different flavor. Granny Smith and Braeburn are good apple choices to use in this recipe.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating10 people
YUMMMMMMMMM!!!! HIGH FIVE, sweetie!!!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
ohhhhh yummmmmm you know i love caramel anything this is great henrie thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Just LOVE it! Saving to try!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it