Ground Beef EmpanadasFrom dugger 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium pimento, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste, AAdd shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 each eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- vegetable oil, as needed for frying shopping list
- 10 each empanada shells, defrosted shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil to medium.
- Saute the pimentos, onions, cumin, oregano, garlic, paprika and tomato paste for about 2 minutes. Add the ground beef and stir for another 2 minutes. Add the red wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the water, salt and pepper. Stir well, lower the heat and cover the pan. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes more. Drain and cool.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of the empanada mixture inside of each shell. Brush beaten egg around the edge, fold in half and press the seam with a fork to seal.
- Fill a deep fryer or large pot half way with vegetable oil. Set to medium high heat. Preheat until ready.
- Pierce the Emapanadas with a fork several times. Deep fry until light (very light) golden color. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Sorry, it's time to eat. I will be back later....
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
- Not added to any groups yet!