Vietnamese Stir-Fried Chicken with ChileFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- 3 lb chicken breast, skinless and boneless shopping list
- 6 oz Nuoc nam (Vietnamese fish sauce) or nam pla (Thai fish sauce) shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 lb rice sticks shopping list
- 1 1/4 pt Nuoc cham (A Vietnamese CONDIMENT that's based on NUOC NAM (fish sauce) combined with various seasonings that can include red chiles, garlic, lime juice, ginger, scallions and sugar. ) shopping list
- 3 oz vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 Thai green chiles or serrano chiles, seeded and sliced thin shopping list
- 12 scallions, sliced shopping list
- 8 oz snow peas, trimmed and blanched shopping list
- 6 oz tomato concassé (A mixture that is coarsely chopped or ground) shopping list
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-in pieces.
- 2. In a bowl, toss the chicken with 6 oz fish sauce, garlic, and pepper.
- Marinate 15-20 minutes.
- Soak the rice sticks in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Drop the rice sticks into boiling water.
- As soon as the water returns to a boil, drain.
- Toss the rice sticks with 4 fl oz nuoc cham.
- Keep warm while cooking the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan or wok over high heat.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Stir-fry until the chicken is about half cooked.
- Add the chiles, scallions, and reserved marinade.
- Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is nearly done.
- Add the snow peas and stir-fry 1 minute, until the snow peas are just cooked and still crisp.
- Add the tomato.
- Stir-fry just until the tomato is hot.
- Place the rice noodles in the center of dinner plates.
- Top with the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with additional nuoc cham in small ramekins on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating49 people
I would love to try this dish. Must go to store to get the ingredients. Thannks Elaine . would love to share with my friends too.
Cherrycherryflower70 in Dibrugarh loved it
This is great! I'd need to locate a couple of ingredients too for this one, but it sounds delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
Wonderful recipe and picture! ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!