Penne With Eggplant PureeFrom jencathen 7 years ago
- 1 medium eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, whole shopping list
- 6 TBSP extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (less or more depending on how hot you like it) shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 1 lb penne pasta shopping list
- 1/2 freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, 3 TBSP olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Spread the veggies on the baking sheet in an even layer. Roast in the oven until veggies are tender and the eggplant is golden about 35 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, place the pine nuts in a small baking dish. Place in the oven on the rack below the veggies. Roast until golden about 4 minutes, stirring once. Remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Transfer the roasted veggies to a food processor. Add the remaining 3 TBSP olive oil and pulse until the veggies are ppuréed, but not too smooth. It should still be chunky.
- Transfer the puréed veggies to the bowl with the pasta. Add the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Add the reserved cooking liquid 1/2 cup at a time until the pasta is saucy.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating2 people
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Italian Group96 members
Italian Food95 members
Every Thing Italian47 members
Vegetarian Food33 members
Pasta Lovers97 members
World Of Warcraft Cooks4 members
World Of Warcraft In The Kitchen6 members