Quick Asparagus TartFrom foodiebride 6 years ago
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed shopping list
- 12 stalks asparagus, washed and trimmed shopping list
- 1/8 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- pinch of red pepper flake shopping list
- salt (optional) shopping list
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano, freshly grated (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut puff pastry in half and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Heat oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium heat until fragrant - about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and brush the puff pastry sheets with the olive oil.
- Arrange asparagus stalks on the pastry and brush with olive oil. Scatter garlic and pepper pieces over the pastry and bake for about 13 minutes, until dough is golden brown and done.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese, if using. If not, lightly salt. Cut each tart into quarters and serve.
- Yields 2 tarts. 8 sides or 2 main courses.
The Cookfoodiebride Houston, TX
The Rating4 people
I made a similar recipe with phyllo dough...but yours seems much quicker! I love the idea of puff pastry! I'll definitely be making this soon! Thanks for sharing!dahlka in Lancaster loved it
havent had asparagus this way i think it sounds great.thanks for the post this deserves a five.maywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!