Spiced Beef Stew With Poppy SeedsFrom juels 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef roast, cut in 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. steak rub spice shopping list
- 2 tbsp. oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 (14-oz) can chopped fire roasted tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 4 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 1/4 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 (2-inch) slice fresh ginger, skin peeled, ginger shredded shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, OR 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. groun turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- In a heated skillet brown beef roast pieces in 2 tbsp. of oil until browned on both sides. Sprinkle the steak rub spice, stir and cook another minute.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker.
- In a med. bowl, combine all the rest of the ingredients, stir to make a sauce and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook for 5 hrs, or until the beef is tender. Thicken juices using corn starch if desired.
- Serve hot over noodles or mashed potatoes.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating5 people
Yeah!! I get the first 55555! Yummy added to FFF
groupies!! :()lanacountry in Macon loved it
Added to cast iron food group!! Thanks Juels! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
awsome roast high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it