Crockpot MinestroneFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1” thick shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 6 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup of V-8 juice shopping list
- 1 t dried basil leaves shopping list
- 1/8 t. thyme shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tbsp of honey (to mellow out the "tart" of the tomato) shopping list
- 2 cups cooked small pasta shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except macaroni and Parmesan cheese in the stoneware.
- Cover cook on Low 8 to 9 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese.
- We like to serve this hearty soup with an open face sandwich made with thick slices of crusty bread, spread with pesto, topped with mozzarella, slivers of proscuitto, a drizzle of olive oil and broiled until the cheese bubbles.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
This recipe is going to come in very handy starting in a couple of months. Thanks so much. Sounds great. :)lura in Welcome To loved it
I love minestrone and to be able to have it cooking at home while I'm at work really fits the bill during the week. Come home, stir in the pasta and sprinkle with cheese and ta-da....*good eats*. I also like your open-face sammy idea - yummm. Thank...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
we loved it! thankslovinfood420 in Cambridge loved it