Moist And Tender Carrot Corn BreadFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup of grated or finely chopped raw carrots ( 1 large or 2 small ) shopping list
- 1 cup corn flour shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbs maple syrup ( could also be honey ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup boiling water or more if needed to blend all to a thick batter shopping list
- 2 large eggs room temp and separated shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl place cornflour, white flour, salt, syrup and oil.
- Add the boiling water and mix well.
- Let cool.
- When cool, mix in 2 fork beaten egg yolks which will loosen up batter a bit.
- Then beat whites till stiff not dry peaks.
- Fold whites gently into into batter evenly
- Turn into a greased 8 or 9 inch sqaure pan.
- Bake 400F until light golden and set about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool to warm and cut into squares.
- Best eaten warm or reheat in micro if any is left.
- Note: no baking powder or baking soda in recipe.
- Texture is very cake like.
- If cornmeal is used, the texture won't be as cake like but also delcious and moist
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
I'd love to make this for my diabetic clients .
I see you have both maple syrup (or honey) in this recipe ---- since diabetics cannot have that, I would love to try it with Stevia instead... it tastes very sweet, and has no bitter after-taste ...morechefelaine in Muskoka loved it
These look pretty and delicious. I might even throw a little sweetcorn into the batter!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
I like the sounds of this and the carrots are a great idea. High 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits280 members
FROM SCRATCH145 members
Real Corn Flour13 members
Quick Breads71 members
Corn Bread54 members
Healthy Baking123 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Veggies N Fruits R Good 4 U25 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members