Bourbon Apple CakeFrom magandab 7 years ago
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/3 cup bourbon (I use Jack Daniels) shopping list
- 1cup pecan halves shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh grated lemon peel shopping list
- 3 medium granny smith apples -- peeled, cored, and diced (about 3 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl soak the raisins in bourbon for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Spread pecan halves on a cookie sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until fragrant and toasted. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 375. Coarsely chop the pecans.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, spices, baking powder, and baking soda til blended.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat sugar, oil, eggs, and lemon peel, 3 minutes, until blended and smooth. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture. Batter will be thick. Stir in raisins, bourbon, apples and nuts.
- Scrape into the prepared springform pan. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove sides of pan and cool completely.
- Wrap in foil and let stand at room temperature for up to three days. Don't skip this step, it really gets better and better as it sits.
The Cookmagandab Apple Valley, US
The Rating4 people
I love the combination of ingredients in your Bourbon Apple Cake.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
The flavors are incredible in this recipe! Goes on my saved ones!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Nothing beats a whiskey soaked apple cake in the fall, I have a fruitcake that I make in Jan for Christmas that year sits in cheese cloth all year in the frig and I Brandy soak it every other month, but I digress this will be a wonderful cake for thi...morerescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it