Sauteed Mushrooms Napa StyleFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 6 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs. whole fresh button mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- Gray salt shopping list
- freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs. garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2-cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 Tbs. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sprinkle on the mushrooms in a single layer. Don't stir; let them sizzle until they have caramelized on the bottom (about 2 minutes — if you toss them too soon they will release their liquid and begin to steam).
- When the bottoms are caramelized, toss the mushrooms and continue to cook over high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms in a sieve and discard the excess oil.
- Return the mushrooms to the skillet and add the butter.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are beautifully browned, (2-3 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper and add the garlic.
- Sauté until the garlic is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add the thyme and lemon juice and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the wine, reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the mushrooms are glazed with the sauce.
- Add the parsley, transfer to a warm bowl and serve immediately.