Apple and nut filled FludenFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- DOUGH shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/8 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/8 cups solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest shopping list
- 10 large apples, peeled and grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 16 ounces fruit preserves ( apricots, orange, berry, pineapple, mango etc ) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( walnuts, pecans, almonds etc ) shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Dough :
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and shortening at medium speed with electric mixer to form dough.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and blend well.
- Mix in ice water until dough forms ball.
- If dough is dry, add additional ice water by teaspoonfuls.
- Divide dough into 4 balls and cover with plastic wrap while preparing filling.
- Toss juice and zest with apples.
- .Add crumbs, preserves, raisins and nuts.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Flour for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Roll out 1 ball of dough to rectangle the size of pan on lightly floured wax or parchment paper.
- Flip into pan and firmly press down.
- Top with one-third filling.
- Repeat twice with dough and filling, topping with last dough sheet.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares in pan and return to oven additional 10 minutes.
- Note: Align dough directly with edge of baking pan before flipping.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
wow love the flavors in this one great post thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love it! So unique and interesting! Flagging it and can't wait to make it!juels in Clayton loved it
I love the name! Fluden, fluden, fluden! almost like syllabub!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Jewish Food Lovers99 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Companys Coming114 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
A Fruity World45 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere48 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members