GnocchiFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
How to make it
- Peel potatoes.
- Boil potatoes until they are soft.
- Mash them plain (no milk, no butter, etc.).
- Add the flour, eggs and some salt, to taste.
- Dough should remain fairly moist.
- Roll pieces of dough into 1/2 " diameter ropes.
- Cut ropes into 1/2" pieces.
- Press edges of gnocchi with tines of a fork and roll slightly.
- (This can be a tedious step... if you want, just do it with your thumb).
- Boil in salted water (ala pasta) until they float.
- Remove from pot with slotted spoon or spider.
- Add a smattering of your favorite sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
This looks so good and easy! Thank you Sweetipi for sending me this one!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
I made this today while visiting my Mom and it turned out very nicely! This is my first time making or eating these. I made them exactly as written. These taste like unfilled perogies. I served them with a creamy white basil sauce. I'll post my photo...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it
i will be making this for lunch!sweetipi in Brisbane loved it